The holidays are an important time for family, friends, and fun. They're also a great opportunity to show your creative side. This season, why not try your hand at some unique wood flower décor? From wreaths and centerpieces to ornaments and garlands, check out these festive ideas to help you deck out your home in style.
About Wood Flowers
Wood flowers are sustainable and beautiful artificial flower blooms made from wood. They are almost like fresh flowers in appearance and their soft and malleable texture. But unlike real flowers, they will never wilt or die, which makes them a perfect option for holiday decorating. Wood flowers come in a variety of sizes and styles and can be dyed any color, so you can easily select the perfect assortment to suit your taste.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your wood flower décor:
- Substitute wood flowers for fresh flowers in any arrangement.
- Use different colors, sizes, and varieties of wood flowers to create unique looks.
- Experiment with different arrangements and placements until you find what you like best.
- Get creative! There's no right or wrong way to use wood flowers. So have fun, and let your imagination run wild.
Wreaths are circular garlands typically made of leaves, flowers, berries, and other natural materials. They're a traditional decoration for doorways, windows, and fireplace mantels. Traditionally, wreaths are made of evergreen branches to symbolize eternal life. But there's no rule that says they can't be made of wood flowers instead! Try some Milky Way wood flowers with preserved Blueberry Juniper fillers for the perfect winter wreath.
How to Make a Wreath Using Wood Flower Décor:
- Choose a wreath base. This can be made of wood, metal, paper, or even fabric.
- Select your wood flowers. You'll need around 30-40 blooms, depending on the size of your wreath base.
- Arrange the wood flowers on the wreath base. Start by attaching the blooms to the outer edge of the wreath, then work your way inwards.
- Hang your wood flower wreath on a door, window, or mantel using ribbon, twine, or hooks.
A holiday centerpiece is a beautiful way to bring your dinner table to life. It's also a great opportunity to show off your wood flower décor skills! For a festive touch, try incorporating some Poinsettia wood flowers into your arrangement. Or, go for a more minimalist look with a simple wood flower bouquet.
How to Make a Centerpiece Using Wood Flower Décor:
- Start by placing a wooden box or vase in the center of your table.
- Fill the wood box or vase with wood flowers and other fillers, such as preserved berries and leaves.
- Arrange the wood flowers in a pleasing way, then step back and enjoy your handiwork!
- As an option, you can also add a string of lights or some candles around your wood flower centerpiece for a bit of extra sparkle.
Garlands are a classic holiday decoration. They can be draped over doorways and windows, hung from mantels and staircase railings, or even wrapped around holiday trees. Garlands made of wood flowers are especially beautiful, and they're surprisingly easy to make. Simply string together a few wood flower blossoms with some wire or ribbon, and you're good to go!
How to Make a Garland Using Wood Flower Décor:
- Start by cutting a length of wire or ribbon to your desired length.
- Thread the wood flowers onto the wire or ribbon, spacing them out evenly.
- Hang your wood flower garland on a door, window, mantel, or railing using nails, tacks, or command strips.
One of the best things about wood flowers is that you can use them to make ornaments. Just glue a few wood blooms to a piece of wood, add a hanger, and you're done! You can also use wood flowers to decorate gift packages or Christmas trees.
How to Make Ornaments Using Wood Flower Décor:
- Gather your supplies. You'll need wood flowers, wood slices, hot glue, ribbon, and wire cutters.
- Arrange the wood flowers on the wood slice. Play around with different arrangements until you find one you like.
- Hot glue the wood flowers in place.
- Use wire cutters to create a hanger out of ribbon or wire.
- Attach the hanger to the wood slice, and your wood flower ornament is ready to hang!
5. Christmas Trees
Deck the halls with boughs of wood flowers! That's right, floral and grass Christmas trees are a thing, and they're every bit as beautiful as their traditional counterparts. All you need is a small tree base, some wire, and a whole lot of wood flowers. For added flair, try using different colors and varieties of blooms, from white wood roses to faux pampas grass.
How to Make a Christmas Tree Using Wood Flower Décor:
- Start by wrapping wire around the trunk of your tree base. This will help support the wood flowers.
- Attach wood flowers to the wire wrapped around the trunk, working from the bottom up.
- Continue attaching wood flowers until the entire tree is covered.
- Finish off by adding a wood flower star or a topper of your choice to the top of your tree.
Advantages of Wood Flower Décor
- Incredible versatility - They can be used to create a wide variety of decorations, from wreaths and centerpieces to ornaments and Christmas trees.
- Relatively inexpensive - Fresh flowers can be quite costly, especially during the holidays. But with wood flower décor, you can get the same look for a fraction of the price.
- Easy to make - Even if you're not crafty, you can probably manage to put together a few simple wood flower arrangements.
- Long-lasting - Unlike fresh flowers, wood flowers last indefinitely. When you go for wood flower décor, you can enjoy your holiday decorations year after year.
- Eco-friendly - If you're looking for a more sustainable option, wood flower décor is a great choice. Wood flowers are made from natural materials, and they require virtually no upkeep.
- Hypoallergenic - Fresh flowers can trigger allergies in some people. Unlike them, wood flowers do not release pollen into the air, so you can enjoy them without worry.